The Great Plains Region Porsche Club of America (GPR) is a regional club of the Porsche Club of America, Inc., (PCA) under a charter granted on June 23, 1967. GPR is among approximately 139 chartered regions of PCA, and is located in PCA Zone 10.
GPR members are mutually pledged to the furtherance and promotion of the following objectives:
- The highest standards of courtesy and safety on roads and highways.
- The enjoyment and sharing of goodwill and fellowship engendered by owning a Porsche and engaging in such social and other events as may be agreeable to the membership.
- The maintenance of the highest standards of operation and performance of the marque by sharing and exchanging technical and mechanical information.
- The establishment and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships with the Porsche works, its agents and representatives, Porsche dealers, and service sources to the end that the marque shall prosper and continue to enjoy its unique leadership and position in sports car history.
- The interchange of ideas and suggestions with other Porsche clubs throughout the world and in such cooperation as may be desirable.
- The establishment of such mutually cooperative relationships as may be desirable with other sports car clubs.
GPR offers a wide range of activities, including club racing, drivers education, rallies, autocrosses, fun runs, tours, car shows, show and shine nights, and social activities. Most importantly, GPR offers a comradery among those of us in the Great Plains dedicated to the Porsche marque.
Our monthly newsletter, Der Skooner, provides informative articles on Club activities, a calendar of events, technical information, and other matters of interest to our membership. To be a member of the Great Plains Region, go to our membership page and sign up!
PCA Club Racing is an organized race series for Porsche owners. The Great Plains Region sponsors a PCA sanctioned Club Race each year. See the events page for more information.
GPR offers a drivers education program which allows you to learn how to drive your car in a variety of circumstances. Our events are held at Raceway Park of the Midlands (formerly Mid America Motorplex) in Pacific Junction, IA, and Motorsports Park Hastings in Hastings, NE, and emphasize improvement of driving skills, safety, and high performance driving. GPR has a number of experienced instructors to assist the novice and intermediate driver at these events. See the driver’s education page for more information.
The objective of a rally is to follow a course to the precise detail of the rules, and can be either competitive or fun. Points are deducted by arriving at a checkpoint either early or late.
Show and Shine Nights
These events offer the opportunity for members to bring their cars together and exchange information about everything Porsche.
GPR, in concert with other car clubs, participates in car show events where cars are judged under various rules depending on the nature of the competition. These events also offer the car enthusiast an opportunity to view some of the finest automobiles in the world.
An autocross is a closed-course event where the objective is to complete the course safely in the shortest amount of time possible. Our autocross events are held in a large open area with the course marked by pylons.
These events offer our membership the opportunity to drive their Porsches as a group to a given destination. Routes are chosen for their scenic beauty and interest to the participants.
In addition to driving related events, GPR holds several dinner meetings and social events annually. These events will be listed on the events page.